What is the Legacy Room?
An innovative and enriching approach for those with cognitive challenges in a specifically designed, unique environment that promotes meaningful activities, social engagement, and dining opportunities.
Studies have shown that keeping the mind active, especially regular exposure to new activities in an enriched, novel environment, help delay the onset of dementia in Alzheimer's residents.
ABOUT THE LEGACY ROOM
- 1,700 square foot purpose-built environment located on the terrace
- level of our main residence
- Beautiful and calming décor, with an abundance of natural light
- Access to outdoor patio and garden area
- Large fresh-water aquarium
- Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
RESIDENTS BENEFIT THROUGH:
- Professionally trained staff
- One-on-one engagement
- Personal assistance during mealtime
- Maintaining personal dignity in an intimate setting
- Spouse/caretaker support
- Improved mood
- The lifestyle of an independent community
- Being able to continue living a curious and well lived life
- Personalized programming around resident's hobbies and interests
- Safe environment
- Having a sense of belonging
- Lunch served in comfortable dining room with homelike kitchen environment
If you’d like to learn more about life at Sterling Estates or arrange an appointment, click here to contact us online or call 1-678-946-4454.